Who is who?
“you” means you, our customer and/or user of the DT Tech Limited and website.
“we”, “our”, “us” and “DT Tech” means DT Tech Limited and any related company that provides you with DT Tech services.
To deliver the highest standard of service, we will ask you to provide us with personal information from time to time. At DT Tech, we believe it is important that you know how we treat that information. This policy outlines how and why we collect information from you, how we store it, how you can access and correct that information and when we might disclose information to other people.
We will collect information about you (for instance, your name, address, contact number(s), email address, etc) when you complete DT Tech application forms, or when we communicate via phone or email. Other sources, like manufacturers and credit reference agencies, may also provide us with information about you from time to time.
We also collect information when you buy or use our products and services, for example how, when, where and how often you use our products. We may also look at how you browse our internet site.
If you choose not to provide information when we ask for it, certain product features may not work properly or we may not be able to provide you with a product or service altogether.
We hold and use the information we collect for a number of purposes, including:
- Processing application forms and any online transactions you make;
- Carrying out credit checking and scoring (if you have agreed);
- Billing you;
- Providing and assisting you with products or services you request;
- Providing you with information on new DT Tech products and services and/or products and services of carefully selected third parties we think you might benefit from;
- Responding and following up on any queries, complaints or requests you might have made, and other customer care issues;
- Complying with legal, governmental or regulatory agencies’ requests in connection with the regulation of energy services, and in connection with any legal proceedings, crime or fraud prevention or detection, or prosecution;
- Training our staff, monitoring our network and services, and maintaining our systems
You agree that we and our agents may send you marketing messages, electronic or otherwise, about (amongst other things) our special offers, promotions, and those of our agents or third parties which we consider may be of benefit to you. You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing messages from us and our agents at any time through your account.
Sometimes we may disclose your information to third parties, who may include:
- Dealers and suppliers whose products and services support our services;
- Credit reference agencies (if you have agreed) who may share your information with other organisations and who may keep a record of the searches we make against your name;
- If someone else pays your bill, such as your employer, that person;
- Law enforcement agencies (like the police, or the Serious Fraud Office);
- A potential purchaser of our business.
To maintain and improve the services we provide to you, we may monitor and record calls you make to us or we make you.
Access and Correction
You can access personal information that we hold about you by contacting us in writing. If the information held by us is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may ask us to correct the information.
If you consent to receiving emails or other communications from us, but later change your mind, just let us know and we will take you off our list.
Privacy Act 1993
This policy does not affect your rights under the Privacy Act 1993. Subject to any rights you may have under the Privacy Act 1993, we will not be liable to you, or anyone else, for the content or lack of confidentiality of any DT Tech products or services you use.
Change in Policy
We may change the terms of this Policy at any time. We’ll let you know if we do this by posting the new policy on our website.